Our group owns the following experimental facilities and works in cutting-edge research areas.
Ultrahigh-Resolution SARPES System
In spin- and angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (SARPES), we irradiate solids with ultraviolet lights or x-rays and measure energy, emision angle and spin of photoelectrons. Then, we can determined the band structure and spin polarization of solids directly. After the discovery of high temperature cuprates, this technique has evolved at a rapid pace. Recently, we are able to perform time-resolved measurements.
In our group, we construct a photoemission spectrometer which can yield data in ultrahigh-resolution. We will utlize this state-of-art technique to determine the electronic structures of various functional materials
Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) System
Pulsed laser deposition (PLD) is a technique to grow thin films on substrates by irradiating 'target' (raw materials) with high-power laser in vacuum or under a certain gas atmosphere.
We own PLD system with a high-power excimer laser to grow thin films of transition metal oxides, which shows various functionalities.
- electric furnace
- chemical vapor deposition (CVD) system
- hot filament chemical vapor deposition system
- vapor deposition system
- low energy electron diffraction (LEED) system
- reflective high-energy electron diffraction (RHEED) system
- scanning tunneling microscope (STM)
- x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) system
- auger electron spectroscopy (AES) system
- soft x-ray emission spectroscopy (SXES) system
Facilities outside Okayama University, Collaborations
We travel to the following research institutions to perform various experiments.
- SPring-8: BL25SU, BL27SU, BL17SU
- Photon Factory: BL-2C, BL-19B
- HiSOR: BL-5 (ARPES & PEEM Station operated by our group), BL-1, BL-9
- ISSP, The University of Tokyo (Shin group):
Laser Photoemission Spectroscopy
- Tohoku University (Takahashi group):
High-temperature Photoemission Spectroscopy
We are willing to press on with leading-edge research at various institutions worldwide.